Common applications of hard chrome:
◦ Automotive: piston rings ,strut rods, brake pistons, crankcase, camshaft and other parts that meet high cycle for long periods of time are coated with hard chrome to grant durability and lubricity.
◦ Firearms: Commercial firearm components, including barrel ID
◦ Aerospace: The components of hydraulic actuators and / or pneumatic, parts of the flight control system are chromed to reduce wear and to extend its useful life.
◦ Machinery: Rolls of all types (including mining equipment), hydraulic cylinders and pistons are chromed to prolong life and improve performance.
◦ Recovery: Hard Chrome can be used to restore worn parts to their original condition or to restore the dimensions of undersized parts due to machine out of tolerance
◦ Molds for plastic: The Hard chrome provides non-stick properties and corrosion resistance.